Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Petrol Line Liveblogging!

My mentors in blogging, which do not exist, told me liveblogging is only productive and successful when your audience is, well, awake. As I type, in the mainland United States, it is 11:43pm-2:43am. Night Owl Liveblogging!

As mentioned before, Serena and I purchased a vehicle. Days later, petrol prices rose 20%. Whoops. One week after that a petrol shortage kicked in, leaving me with an empty tank and in line to purchase new:

View from my car
To quote my Dad in his latest email: "Good luck in the gas line.  It's like going to the dentist.  You have to pay a lot for something you don't want to do!"

Too true. Especially because I brought Bao with me for security reasons* and he pooped in the car on the way there (only half a mile) after having pooped in the house fifteen minutes earlier. At times he is, to say the least, frustrating.

Next Liveblog: Why are their petrol shortages?

*Malawians are exceptionally scared of dogs and because everything is paid in cash, it's well-known that people in petrol lines are cash-laden.

1 comment:

  1. So...you may have answered this already (I've been behind on reading your blog---sorry!, trying to catch up now), but why are Malawians afraid of dogs? And Ember misses you SO much and has become VERY annoying as of late that I would be more than happy to ship her to you and Serena to use as another bodyguard.

    ReplyDelete